About the College of Business
Founded in 1950, the Florida State University College of Business is one of the nation’s youngest business schools, yet its reputation for excellence has helped it become one of the largest. Consistently ranked as a top business school by U.S. News & World Report, several of its programs rank among the nation’s Top 10. Florida State University is ranked one of the most efficient national universities by U.S. News & World Report, and Forbes and Kiplinger rank Florida State one of the best values by combining outstanding education with economic value.
The College of Business is proud of its international reputation, as well as the individual attention our faculty members give students who hail from around the world. Our faculty members are recognized worldwide and serve as visiting professors and lecturers at other prestigious institutions. The college takes pride in its alumni, who are respected corporate leaders and entrepreneurs making their mark on the global marketplace.
In addition to its rigorous curriculum and strong classroom experience, the college provides students with opportunities outside the classroom through student and professional organizations, corporate trips, competitions and industry-specific career fairs. Students have the opportunity to earn professional designations while still in school.
To be a preeminent College of Business in the areas of teaching, research and service.
To be a thought leader in business research and to teach students innovative ways to leverage risk management, entrepreneurial expertise and the spectrum of business disciplines to create ethical, sustainable solutions.
The College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. AACSB accreditation is the most widely sought benchmark of quality worldwide. Fewer than 5 percent of business schools earn this achievement. The college’s accounting program also secured an additional specialized AACSB accreditation only held by 182 institutions worldwide.
Program Rankings & Recognitions
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2017 edition of ‘‘America’s Best Colleges’’ ranks the College of Business undergraduate program No. 41 among public institutions in the nation.
- The College of Business online graduate programs ranks No. 9 overall (No. 6 among public schools) on U.S. News & World Report’s 2017 list. The ranking reflects the combined strength of the college’s online Master of Science in Management Information Systems (MS-MIS) and Master of Science in Risk Management and Insurance (MS-RMI). FSU’s online Master of Business Administration (MBA) now ranks No. 16 (No. 14 for public schools) on the magazine’s online MBA rankings list.
- According to BestCollege.com, the college’s Online Master of Business Administration (MBA) program ranks No. 8 among both public and private universities (2015).
- U.S. News & World Report ranks the Dr. William T. Hold/The National Alliance Program in Risk Management and Insurance No. 5 among public institutions and No. 7 in the nation (2017).
- The Real Estate program is ranked No. 6 among public institutions and No. 11 in the nation by U.S. News and World Report (2017).
- According to The Financial Engineer, the Master of Science in Finance (MSF) program is ranked #22 among public universities and #42 among all institutions (2016).
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Florida State University the No. 2 most efficient high-quality university in the country for 2015.
- FSU is ranked No. 16 in 2015 for Best Value University among large colleges by Kiplinger's Personal Finance "Best Values in Public Colleges." (Florida State also was the No. 22 best value among public colleges for in-state students and No. 19 for out-of-state students.)