Distinguished Doctoral Alumni Award
The Distinguished Doctoral Alumni Award was established in 2007 to recognize high-quality doctoral graduates and their professional achievements. The award honors alumni who have utilized their education and experience to achieve significant levels of success and distinction through their high-level of performance. The recipients are selected from among accomplished senior scholars who received a doctoral degree from the College of Business. Recognizing recipients brings pride and distinction to the College of Business at Florida State University.
Faculty members submit nominations for this award to the Distinguished Doctoral Alumni Selection Committee in the fall each year. The award is typically presented every spring in a special ceremony held on campus.
To learn more, please contact Marissa Langston, Director of Alumni & Student Engagement, 850-645-7162.
Past Distinguished Doctoral Alumni Award Recipients
- 2016 - Wayne Hochwarter (Ph.D. ’93), Jim Moran Professor of Management, College of Business, Florida State University
- 2015 - Charles W. Mulford (DBA '83), Invesco Chair and Professor of Accounting, Scheller College of Business, Georgia Tech
- 2013 - Dennis “Denny” Gioia (B.S. ’70, MBA ’72 and Ph.D. ’79), Robert and Judith Klein Professor of Management and chair of the Department of Management and Organization, Smeal College of Business, Penn State University
- 2012 - Clyde P. Stickney (B.S. ’65, MBA ’67, and Ph.D. ’70), Signal Companies' Professor of Management, Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College
- 2011 - William L. “Bill” Gardner III (MBA ’80 and Ph.D. ’84), Jerry S. Rawls Chair in Leadership, Director of the Institute for Leadership Research and Coordinator of the Area of Management, Rawls College of Business, Texas Tech University
- 2010 - Jeff Madura (DBA ’83), SunTrust Bank Professor of Finance, College of Business, Florida Atlantic University
- 2009 - Hugh J. Watson (MBA ‘66 and Ph.D. ‘69), Professor of MIS and C. Herman and Mary Virginia Terry Chair of Business Administration, Terry College of Business, University of Georgia
- 2008 - Archie B. Carroll (B.S. ’65, MBA ’66 and Ph.D. ‘72), Robert W. Scherer Professor of Management Emeritus and Director of the Nonprofit Management & Community Service Program, Terry College of Business, University of Georgia
- 2007 - William L. Megginson (Ph.D. ’86), Professor and Rainbolt Chair in Finance, Michael F. Price College of Business, University of Oklahoma