Recent Alumni Board
The Recent Alumni Board (RAB) comprises a select group of recent College of Business graduates who believe in promoting and assisting with the long-term strategic vision of the college and Florida State University (FSU). It was created to strengthen the network between current business students and those who have graduated within the past 15 years by providing an outlet for engagement, relationship building and development. To assist in achieving this vision, the following mission statement was created:
To create awareness and engagement and foster relationships between alumni, students and the College of Business by providing strategic initiatives to develop and strengthen our alumni network.
Get involved or give back to the college through the board’s programs and initiatives:
- Regional Representative Program
- SOAR Program
- Summer Mentorship Program
- Noles on Wall Street (NOWS) Program
- Recent Alumni Achievement Award
- Recent Alumni Development Dinner Series - These small dinner series are arranged by both a Recent Alumni Board member and a Regional Representative. They work together in organizing small dinners for a few select recent alumni (six or fewer) to meet with a prominent and established alumnus in the area to hold targeted discussions on a variety of topics.
- Recent Alumni Happy Hours - These annual networking receptions establish new connections, strengthen existing relationships and help foster long-term bonds between alumni and their respective cities. This event is coordinated by either a RAB member or a Regional Representative and generally requires 10-15 hours of planning time. These events can also be planned in conjunction with an FSU Alumni Association event if the opportunity arises.
The RAB also assists the college in identifying fundraising opportunities as well as helps lead efforts to recruit students for full time positions and internships within their organizations or fellow alumni’s companies.
The Recent Alumni Board is now accepting applications for new members. To apply, please fill out the online application. If you have any questions about getting involved with the RAB or our programs, please contact Marissa Langston, Director of Alumni & Student Engagement at 850-645-7162.
Current Recent Alumni Board
Christian Baena, '09 Finance & Multinational Business, Boca Raton, Fla.
Sam Boukerrou, '08 Finance & Economics, Jacksonville, Fla.
Jake Braunsdorf, '09 Finance, Washington, DC
Dylan Burns, '10 Finance, Clearwater, Fla.
Stefano Cavallaro, Chair - '15 Accounting & Political Science, Tallahassee, Fla.
Caitlin Gribbin, Vice Chair - '08 Finance / '11 MBA, Atlanta, Ga.
Will Hart, '15 Finance, Miami, Fla.
Billy Hobson, '09 Finance & Risk Management and Insurance, Tacoma, Wash.
Andrew Jensen, '10 Economics, Chicago, Ill.
Joe Lerro, Vice Chair - '14 Accounting / '15 MAcc, Miami, Fla.
Cody Lewis, Board Secretary - '08 Real Estate Finance & Management / '11 MBA (Finance), Tallahassee, Fla.
Andrew Moore, '10 Finance, Denver, Colo.
Orlando Remak, '12 Economics & Finance, New York, N.Y.
Ed Shahnasarian, '10 Accounting & Finance, Boston, Mass.
Kristen Weeks, Immediate Past Chair - '09 Marketing, Lincoln, Neb.