Ph.D. Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management, Florida State University (Expected completion: May 2021)
B.S., Psychology, University of Florida (2015)
Organizational politics and social influence
Justice and discrimination
Samantha is a doctoral student in Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management at Florida State University. She received her B.S. from the University of Florida. Her research is published in academic journals including Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Management, and Human Resourcement Managament Review, among others.
Jordan, S.L., Palmer, J.C., Hochwarter, W.A., Daniels, S.R., & Ferris, G.R. (2020). Supervisor narcissistic rage: Political support as an antidote. Journal of Managerial Psychology. doi: 10.1108/JMP-08-2019-0474.
Zhang, L. Van Iddekinge, C.H., Arnold, J., Roth, P.L., Lievens, F., Lanivich, S., & Jordan, S.L. (2020). What’s on job seekers’ social media sites? A content analysis and effects of structure on recruiter judgments and predictive validity. Journal of Applied Psychology.
Hochwarter, W.A., Rosen, C.C., Jordan, S.L, Ferris, G.R., Ejaz, A., & Maher, L.P. (2020). Perceptions of organizational politics research: Past, present, and future. Journal of Management.
Jordan, S.L., Ferris, G.R., & Lamont, B.T. (2019). A framework for understanding the effects of past experiences on justice expectations and perceptions of human resource inclusion practices. Human Resource Management Review, 29(3), 386-399.
Jordan, S.L., Ferris, G.R., Wright, T.A., & Hochwarter, W.A. (2019). Toward a work motivation conceptualization of grit in organizations. Group & Organization Management, 44(2), 320-360.
- 2019 Best Conceptual Paper, Group & Organization Management
- Best Paper for the Careers Division (CAR), Academy of Management, 80th Annual National Meeting, Vancouver
- Dissertation Research Grant, Florida State University, Spring 2020
- Nominated for the Graduate Student Research & Creativity Award, Florida State University, Spring 2020
- Nominated for an Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award (OTAA), Florida State University, Spring 2019