Criteria for Waiving GMAT/GRE Requirement
The GMAT/GRE requirement may be waived for outstanding master’s degree applicants. You may submit a GMAT/GRE Waiver Request demonstrating that you have satisfied one of the below criteria prior to submitting your application. It is recommended that applicants requesting to have the test requirement waived submit their request form, along with supporting documentation as soon as possible. This will allow the applicant time to take the exam in the event that the request is denied.
For all applicants who meet one of the following criteria, below, please complete this GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Form.
- A 3.4 (or better) overall GPA and a 3.2 (or better) upper-division GPA* in a business major from Florida State University or another AACSB accredited university. In addition, applicants to the Master of Science in Finance (MSF) must also have a 3.2 (or better) upper-division finance GPA.*** Applicants to the Master of Accounting (MAcc) must also have a 3.2 (or better) upper-division accounting GPA.**** (FSU College of Business students do not need to complete a waiver request form as they will automatically be reviewed.)
- Eight years of management experience that includes significant budgetary and leadership responsibility and a 3.0 (or better) upper-division undergraduate GPA from an accredited institution**
- A completed Masters, J.D., M.D. or Ph.D. degree with a 3.0 (or better) GPA from an accredited institution**
- LSAT score of 160 or higher and a 3.0 (or better) upper-division undergraduate GPA* from an accredited institution**
- Pass on all 4 parts of the CPA exam and a 3.0 (or better) upper-division undergraduate GPA* from an accredited institution**
- Pass on the PE exam and a 3.0 (or better) upper-division undergraduate GPA* from an accredited institution**
*Computation of the upper-division GPA includes the entire term in which the student earned his/her 60th semester hour, for all coursework (excluding community college work) from that term until completion of the bachelor’s degree.
**AACSB accreditation for business programs; LCME or COCA for medical programs; ABA for law programs; ABET for engineering, computer science, and information systems programs; others on a case-by-case basis.
***The upper-division finance GPA is based on the following upper-division FIN courses (or the equivalent) completed at the time of application (FIN 3244 Financial Markets, FIN 3403 Financial Management, FIN 4424 Problems in Financial Management, FIN 4504 Investments and any FIN 4000-level finance electives).
****The upper-division accounting GPA is based on the required upper-division ACG/TAX courses (or the equivalent) completed at the time of application (ACG 3101 and ACG 3111 Financial Accounting and Reporting I and II, ACG 3341 Cost Accounting, ACG 4201 Financial Accounting and Reporting III, ACG 4401 Accounting and Information Systems, ACG 4632 Auditing Theory and Application I, TAX 4001 and TAX 4011 Federal Tax Accounting I and II).
Approval of a GMAT waiver does not guarantee admission. Prospective students must still apply and meet all other admissions requirements. Please note that approval of a GMAT/GRE waiver does not guarantee admission to a graduate program.
For further questions about the GMAT/GRE waiver requirements, please contact the office of Graduate Programs Office.