As an international student considering graduate business programs in the United States, you are looking for indicators of quality and a high return on your investment of time and money. Look no further than Florida State University’s College of Business.
If you need to stay in your home country, Florida State offers excellent online graduate programs. You may also choose to complete your degree in one calendar year (three semesters) at our campus in Florida - home to Disney World and many of the world’s best beaches. Florida State is located in the state capital of Tallahassee, which offers a great blend of American culture, including dining, historical sites and seasonal festivals.
Once at Florida State, you will benefit from our Center for Global Engagement that provides immigration and support services to international students, scholars, and faculty and staff members. The international center also provides web page of information on financial opportunities for international students.
International applicants whose native language is not English or who have not completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in an English-speaking country are required to take an English Language Proficiency exam and submit official test results in order to be admitted to the Florida State University. In addition, international graduate applicants seeking teaching assistantships are required to pass a test of spoken English.
The College of Business accepts all of the following examinations taken within the past two (2) years:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): a minimum score of 600 on the paper-based test and 100 on the internet-based test
- International English Language Testing System (Academic IELTS): minimum score of 7
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): minimum score of 66
- Duolingo: minimum score of 120
- Cambridge C1 Advanced Level: minimum score of 180
- Michigan Language Assessment: minimum score of 55
Admitted international graduate students will need to complete other important paperwork such as the Certificate of Financial Responsibility Form, so it’s best to apply to your chosen program as early as possible because you will need time for approvals and travel before the first day of class. Please note that College of Business admissions deadlines for degree programs are several months earlier than for the entire university.
Helpful Quick Links for International Students
- Global FSU
- Immigration and support services
- Financial opportunities
- Special programs for international students on campus
- University admissions information
- Estimated international student cost of on-campus attendance
- Register for the GRE revised General Test (GRE)
- Register for the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Register for the TOEFL, an English proficiency test
- Master’s degrees
- Ph.D. Program
- Online programs