Ph.D., Personal Financial Planning, University of Missouri (2019)
M.B.A., Florida State University, (2008)
B.S., Consumer Sciences/Family Financial Planning & Counseling, The University of Alabama (1998)
Financial planning curriculum development and instruction
Retirement income adequacy
Trust and estate administration
Dalisha D. Herring, Ph.D., CFP®, earned her doctorate at the University of Missouri in the Department of Personal Financial Planning’s CFP Board-Registered doctoral program. She earned her Master of Business Administration degree from Florida State University and Bachelor of Science in Consumer Sciences with a concentration in Family Financial Planning and Counseling from The University of Alabama. A veteran instructor in personal financial planning curriculum and a graduate of Florida Bankers Association’s Florida Graduate Trust School, Dr. Herring has more than a decade of industry experience in trust and estate administration, retirement plan wholesaling, and personal financial planning practice.
- Edward Metzen Fellowship & Louise Young Fellowship, University of Missouri (2019)
- Excellence in Student Leadership Award (2019) & Outstanding General Assembly Member Award (2018), Graduate Professional Council, University of Missouri
- Third Place, Social Science (Quantitative) Category, 2019 Research and Creative Activities Forum, Graduate Professional Council, University of Missouri
Herring, D., & Sharpe, D. Effect of Military Service on Generation X Retirement Income Expectations in the Post-Great Recession Economy
- Invited Presenter, 2019 Doctoral Seminar at the Academic Research Colloquium for Financial Planning & Related Disciplines, Arlington, VA (1 of 5 invited presenters)
- Invited Participant, Missouri Governor’s Student Leadership Forum on Faith and Values (2019)
- Tribute to Women Honoree, Chancellor’s Committee on the Status of Women, University of Missouri (2018)
- Arthur N. Caple Foundation Scholar Award, National Association of Government Defined Contribution Plan Administrators (2017)
Dr. Herring is a member of Leadership Tallahassee Class 26, the best class ever. While a student at The University of Alabama, she marched in the Million Dollar Band in which she was a member of the drum line and the color guard. Dr. Herring enjoys singing, spending time on the beach, game night with friends and family, and hanging out with her rescued Havanese dog, Oliver.