College of Business Limited-Access Programs
All undergraduate programs in the College of Business at Florida State University are designated as limited-access programs. Admission to these limited-access programs is based on the availability of faculty and space by discipline. For each admission cycle (academic year), a minimum grade point average (GPA) is established by the College of Business that limits enrollment to a number of students consistent with the available faculty and space. Students must complete all admissions requirements by the end of their 5th term of enrollment. Students transferring to Florida State University from any other institution are expected to have all admissions requirements completed at the time of transfer.
In order to be eligible for admission to any of the College of Business' limited-access programs, each student must meet the following requirements:
- Must be admitted to Florida State University.
- Must have completed at least 52 semester credit hours.
- Must have the required overall GPA (computed on all prior college-level work) that is in effect for the term in which application is made. The required GPA for all College of Business programs is 2.90. The required GPA is subject to change each year.
- Must have completed the following courses with a grade of "C-" or better in each course (or its equivalent):
- ACG 2021 - Introduction to Financial Accounting *
- ACG 2071 - Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- CGS 2100 - Microcomputer Applications for Business or CGS2518 - Spreadsheets for Business
- ECO 2013 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECO 2023 - Principles of Microeconomics
- MAC 2233 - Calculus for Business and Non-Physical Sciences
- STA 2023, STA 3014 or QMB 2100 - Fundamental Business Statistics
*Students taking ACG 2001 - Principles of Accounting I and ACG 2011 - Principles of Accounting II must complete both courses to satisfy this requirement.)
If you have questions regarding admission to the College of Business limited-access programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the college’s Undergraduate Programs Office.