- Information Technology and its Impact on a Firm's Marketing Strategies
- Information Technology for Global Supply Chain Management
- Information Technology and Firm Internationalization
- International Buyer-Seller Relationships
Daekwan Kim is Professor of Marketing and International Business in the College of Business at Florida State University. His research interests include the impact of IT on firm marketing strategies and activities, marketing/international marketing strategies, international entrepreneurship, and international buyer-seller relationships. His research has been published in the Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Academy of Marketing Science, Decision Sciences Journal, Journal of International Marketing, Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Business Research, International Marketing Review, International Business Review, and other journals.
“E-Platform Use and Exporting: A Signaling Theory Perspective,” Journal of International Business Studies, Forthcoming, with B. Jean, K. Zhou, and S.T. Cavusgil.
"Drivers and Performance Outcomes of Supplier Innovation Generation in Customer-Supplier Relationships: The Role of Power-Dependence," Decision Sciences Journal, (2012) , 43 (6) with B. Jean and R. Sinkovics.
"Systems Collaboration and Strategic Collaboration: Their Impacts on Supply Chain Responsiveness and Market Performance," Decision Sciences Journal, (2010), 41 (4), 955-981, with R. Lee.
"Drivers and Performance Outcomes of Knowledge Sharing for Suppliers in Power-asymmetric Cross-border Relationships: The Role of Communication Culture," Journal of International Marketing, (2010), 18 (1), 63-85, with B. Jean and R. Sinkovics.
"International Business Competence and the Contemporary Firm," Journal of International Business Studies, (2009), 40 (2), 255-273, with G. Knight.
"Information System Innovations and Supply-Chain Management: Channel Relationships and Firm Performance," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, (2006), 34 (1), 40-54, with S.T. Cavusgil and R. Calantone.
- Senior Editor, International Business Review
- Associate Editor, Decision Sciences
- Editorial Review Board, Industrial Marketing Review
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of Business Research
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of International Marketing
- Editorial Review Board, Thunderbird International Business Review
- 2013 Doug Dunlap Research Scholar
Fluent in Korean
Program Leader of Global Business Seminar
Program Director of CIMaR (Consortium for International Marketing Research)