Ph.D. Finance, University of Connecticut (2014)
M.B.A. Finance, University of Macau (2007)
B.A. Economics, University of Macau (2004)
Real Estate Economics
- Anchoring to Purchase Price and Fundamentals: Application of Salience Theory to Diagnosis of Housing Cycles. 2018. (with John Clapp and Ran Lu-Andrews) Real Estate Economics. Forthcoming.
- Predicting Accounting Misconduct: The Role of Firm-Level Investor Optimism. 2018. (with Shantaram Hegde) Journal of Business Ethics. Forthcoming.
- Retail Agglomeration and Competition Externalities: Evidence from US the Openings and Closings of Multiline Department Stores. 2018. (with John Clapp and Stephen Ross) Journal of Business & Economic Statistics. Forthcoming.
- Can Investors Have More Real Estate to Hold? Evidence from Statistical Properties of Listed REITs versus Listed Non-REIT Property Companies in the USA. 2018. (with John Glascock, Wikrom Prombutr, Ying Zhang) Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics. 56, 274-302.
- Do Principles Pay in Real Estate Crowdfunding? 2017 (with Denis Schweizer) Journal of Portfolio Management. 43 (6) 120-137.
- An Investigation into the Substitutability of Equity and Mortgage REITs in Real Estate Portfolios. 2017 (with J. Andrew Hansz and Ying Zhang) Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics. 54, 338–364.
- Predicting Risks of Anchor Store Openings and Closings. 2016 (with John Clapp) Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics. 52, 449-479.
- The Location of New Anchor Stores within Metropolitan Areas. 2015 (with John Clapp) Regional Science and Urban Economics 50, 87-107.
- Expansions and Contractions of Major US Shopping Centers. 2014 (with John Clapp and Katsiaryna Salavei Bardos) Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics 48, 16-56.
- Herding and Information Based Trading. 2009 (with Rose Neng Lai) Journal of Empirical Finance 16, 388-393.
Weimer School of the Homer Hoyt Institute Post Doctoral Honoree (2018)