Mentoring is an opportunity to make a difference! No student's education is complete without a solid grounding in how business works beyond the classroom. The Business Mentoring Program provides an essential link between academic theory and business reality, and offers personal and professional benefits to every participant.
How does the Business Mentoring Program work?
- Business students submit an application and resume to participate in the program.
- Students are matched with a mentor who has expertise in the student's area of interest.
- Mentors and students communicate weekly for at least 30 minutes throughout the semester.
Mentors provide students with insights from their own experiences and advice on best practices in applying the skills they are mastering in college, as well as valuable assistance and advice for their career path. Goals for mentors include, but are not limited to:
- Answering questions and giving advice
- Discussing values and ethics in business
- Helping with corporate terminology
- Suggesting articles and books
- Critiquing of cover letter and resume
Connect with a business student now, and make an impact by sharing your professional insight and guidance.
For more information about the program, please contact Marissa Mainwood, Director of Student Engagement.