The department’s Dr. William T. Hold/The National Alliance Program in Risk Management and Insurance and Real Estate Program recently secured the No. 3 and No. 5 spots respectively in U.S. News & World Report's annual college rankings. Close interaction among students, faculty members, alumni and the business community continues to be a hallmark of our programs.
Courses in business law are also offered through the department to all business students. Advanced and specialized business law courses are available to students wanting a more comprehensive knowledge in fields such as accounting, finance, insurance and real estate.
The department works with the FSU Real Estate Center Executive Board and the Risk Management and Insurance Executive Council to keep its curriculum relevant, provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and offer opportunities for students to network with industry executives.
Risk Management/Insurance Academic Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Risk Management/Insurance (BS-RMI)
- Combined Bachelor of Science in Risk Management and Insurance/Master of Business Administration (BS-RMI/MBA) Pathway
- Combined Bachelor of Science in Risk Management and Insurance/Master of Science in Risk Management and Insurance (BS/MS-RMI) Pathway
- Master of Science in Risk Management and Insurance (MS-RMI)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration with a major in Risk Management and Insurance (Ph.D.)
Related Risk Management Programs
Real Estate Academic Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Real Estate (BS-RE)
- Combined Bachelor of Science in Real Estate/Master of Business Administration (BS-RE/MBA) Pathway
- Combined Bachelor of Science in Real Estate/Master of Science in Finance (BS-RE/MSF) Pathway
Related Real Estate Programs
- Advanced Studies in Real Estate Development (graduate level)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) with Real Estate Specialization
- Master of Science in Finance (MSF) with a specialization in Real Estate
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
College of Business
Department of Risk Management/Insurance Real Estate, & Legal Studies
821 Academic Way, RBA 313
P.O. Box 3061110
Tallahassee, FL 32306-1110
|Department Chair||Dr. Cassandra Cole|
|MS-RMI Program Director||Dr. Cassandra Cole|
|MBA Program Director||Dr. Darren Brooks|
|Combined Pathway RE/MBA Program Director||Dr. Daniel Broxterman|
|Combined Pathway RE/MSF Program Director||Gary Smith|
|Combined Pathways RMI Program Director||Dr. Cassandra Cole|
|Doctoral Program Director||Dr. Patricia Born|
|Course Manager||Mariesa Haynes|