The Evan D. Jennings Executive Speaker Series, established in 2005, brings executive leaders and decision makers to the campus to discuss key issues, trends and policies affecting the real estate industry and student career strategies. This forum, promoted by the FSU Real Estate Center, is made possible by a generous gift from Evan D. Jennings. The series is free and open to the public.
To learn more about this event, contact Mandy Chapman, program and events manager, the FSU Real Estate Center.
2023 Spring Speakers
All events held in the Starry Conference Room.
MARCH 7, 2023
President, Casa Fresca Homes & Homes by WestBay Land
Topic: "Rising Inflation and Interest Rates – impacts on development and career opportunities"
March 28, 2023
President & Chief Executive Officer, The St. Joe Company
Topic: "Supply chain issues, cost increases, rising interest rates - impacts of these market disruptions on St. Joe and its residential, commercial and hospitality operations in NW Florida"
- Mark Rose, Chairman and CEO, Avison Young
- Thekla and Terry Salzman, Salzman Real Estate Advisors
- Pryse Elam, President of Development & Investments, CIO, Foundry Commercial
- Donna Abood, Principal & Managing Director - Miami, Avison Young
- Greg Spencer, Timbers Resorts
- Bob Breslau and Rocco Ferrera, Stiles
- Peter Rummell, Principal of Rummell-Munz Partners
- John Mark Ramsey, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Sentio Healthcare Properties, Inc.
- Alex Baker, Chairman and Founder, Blackwater Resources
- Joe Nowicki, Managing Director, Global Real Estate, Chatham Financial
- Bill Schroeder, Managing Director, Rock Creek Capital and President/Founder, Mitigation Development Services
- Byron Homes, Managing Director, Oppenheimer & Company
- Carl W. Reiger, Jr., Managing Director, Eastdil Secured
- Brian Smith, President and COO, Regency Centers
- Peter H. Collins, Managing Principal, Forge Capital Partners, LLC
- Manuel de Zárraga, Executive Managing Director, Holliday Fenoglio Fowler, L.P.
- Ash Williams, Executive Director & CIO, Florida State Board of Administration
- Michael Cheezem, Chairman & CEO, JMC Development Corporation
- Jim Dahl, Founder & Partner, Rock Creek Capital
- Gregory R. Michaud, Senior VP & Head of Real Estate Finance, ING Investment Management, Americas
- Edward O. Wood, Jr., President, Concord Management LTD
- Paul Ellis, President, CNL Commercial Real Estate
- Larry Richey, Senior Managing Director, Central & North Florida Areas, Cushman & Wakefield of Florida Inc.
- Allen C. de Olazarra, Chairman & CEO, America’s Capital Partners