The Accounting Alumni Achievement Award was established in 2019 to recognize Florida State University accounting alumni and their achievements. The award honors alumni who have excelled in their careers while also contributing to and supporting the community around them.
Criteria for Selection
The Accounting Alumni Achievement Award recipient is selected based on their professional achievements, service and impact on their community, involvement in other philanthropic activities and support of Florida State University. The recipient will be honored with the award at the fall meeting of the Accounting Professional Advisory Board in Tallahassee.
The award criteria include:
- Graduated from Florida State University's accounting program (any degree level - bachelors, masters, and/or doctorate)
- Achievements, including honors and awards, in their chosen profession (not required to be accounting)
- Service and impact in their community or involvement in other philanthropic activities
- Service/support to Florida State University
- Other noteworthy accomplishments
Nominations for the 2020 Accounting Alumni Achievement Award are being accepted December 1, 2019 through February 1, 2020. Award recipients will be notified by early May 2020. Alumni who have been inducted into the college’s Alumni Hall of Fame are not eligible for this award. Self-nominations and posthumous nominations are accepted.
For more information about the Accounting Alumni Achievement Award, contact Holly Sudano, assistant chair of the Department of Accounting.
2019 Award Recipient
Albert C. Johnson
B.S., Accounting, '65